Saturday, May 29, 2010

God had not promised (in the tune of "this is my story")

this song was just in time for me. I thank God for the precious moments God had given to me...to encouragement through bro and sis in christ last night. Prayer meeting was soothing to the soul, mind and spirit to continue to walk towards God's leading and direction.

i'm not so afraid now, with a little step of faith leap. May the Lord guide and help me not to think so much about the past but move foward. Lovely song, I would like to share. In the tune of "this is my story".

God has not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives thro’;
God has not promised
Sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.

God has not promised
We shall not know
Toil and temptation,
Trouble and woe;
He has not told us
We shall not bear
Many a burden,
Many a care.

But God has promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the laborer,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love.

by Annie Johnson Flint

Living Only for Him and Only He knows my life

No comments: