Thursday, March 24, 2016

Prostitutes? Red Light District? Drugs?

Coming from a christian family, I have often been taught to be away from all those. It is often very disapproval if someone is into something like this, my family will start talking about so and so...don't be like him etc. It is very wrong to be doing things like that.

Today, I had a different perspective about them (prostitutes), knowing the reason behind it, brings me to shame about what they needed to go through not by their own actions or own accord but being tricked into it. I read the book from page 1 to the end today, and I realized that I wouldn't judge them so much from yesteryear. I know that some aren't trick into it, but most of them, at least those I read of, are being tricked into being prosty.  " Slave Girl" was the book that I read today.

This book was a story about a lady, she had been sexually and brutally abused by her own dad when she was a kid. She on her own accord went to Amsterdam for a job when she was 19, but her story was tragic, she didn't know that she was being tricked by a pimp. Her whole life story was brutal, tragic and had cost her a lot of hatred towards those who goes to "Red Light Districts". The reason why she didn't even trust policeman was because some of them was bribe by those pimps.

So many stories are share in 1 person's point of view, I'm not suprised that she in the end chose to be a lesbian, probably she did not really trust any man anymore, In the storybook, I found out that, her marriage life wasn't that good in the 1st few years due to her past. She was having a terribly hard time. I mean, that doesn't mean that it is okay that she became a lesbian. For me what is wrong, it is wrong.

For example, she found it so difficult to break the habit of taking more drugs, even after being safe from the slavery of being a sex slave, she went into the business of being a pimp herself for other girls. She did it for just awhile under the influence from another girl she loved. ( not the lady she married). Then finally after being in jail for awhile and came out of it, she married legally with another lady. If only a christian is there to tell her about Jesus.

I have heard about stories about Amsterdam having drug dealers etc, I have heard of them, but I have not ever read them in detailed before, this book is really an eye opener, if it wasn't for my cousin from Singapore that pass down the book for us to read, I wouldn't have read it. This book title was appealing to me, I'm always a fan of reading real life stories.

To sum up this book, it is scary, reading it from a 1st hand survivor. I will never look at prosty the way I look at them time next time. I will be more caring towards them and not ill treat them in anyway. Most of them go through "a hell on earth". Sigh. They are sinful, aren't we too? If they repent and have a clean slate, aren't we going to accept them? Sometimes, it is not really them who started it. Evil man or women had took them into this whole picture, maybe some was kidnapped and was human trafficked.


Living Only for Him and Only He knows my life

No comments: