Saturday, December 31, 2016

So did it manage to do what I wanted to do in Year 2016?

The end of Year 2016, this was what I wrote in the beginning of this year. Before I embark to write down my goals for next year, maybe I should look through what I have done and completed this year.

Goals for 2016

1) Get to know boyfriend's family better and understand them.

I managed to meet them more often this year than last year, celebrated Christmas with them for the 1st time, I'm glad to be able to feel accepted as a friend and part of their lives. Although I still have much to learn about them, I have a lifetime. ( I hope I can be teachable). I feel that sometimes I try very hard to come out with a topic to talk about, but I guess as I get to know them better, I will not feel too obliged. 

2) To help mum in the kitchen more often. (example: CNY) - steal recipes as well.

I did help in the kitchen during CNY but after that I didn't managed to do it. (shame on me), maybe I should look at my goals every month to review and evaluate what I have done. 

3) Cook a whole meal at least once a month. (i hope)

This item, I did not do for the whole year! I managed only to cook soup, chicken and vegetables.  ( that is considered whole meal for me this year) at least I play around with the ingredients in the wok and the pot.

4) To make a difference in 1 or 2 people this year.

I can't recall if I made any difference to anyone this year. I hope I did, I do not have any particular of people that I feel I have made a difference. At least I know, I did not try to help a lot. 

5) To learn up Malay Language.

hahahahah this is funny, many years overdue for this, should I actually give this up?


6) To manage finance and read up the finance book.

I did not complete reading the book! I should make this as my year 2017 goal then, and then return it back to Aunty Kimpin, since it belongs to Aunty Kimlee. 


7) try to learn more and practice counselling God willing.

I did managed to practice counselling among some of my friends (p & c) though. 


8) to be sporty. (badminton or jog)

Heys I managed to complete my 25km jog/walk, ginger bread virtual run in December 2016. Clap hands for myself. Maybe I should proceed this so that I can continue to take care of my mental health and health through it. 


Goals for 2017

1) Help mum in kitchen more often.(once a week)
2) Have a book on recipe that I have tried cooking. 
3) Learn up Malay/ Iban
4) Read up Finance Book & Learn to manage finance well.
5) Do all the classes by MBTS this year.
6) Set time priorities only for Sunday School, ibridge camp and then mission trip 2017.
7) Sports every week twice. (try not to spend on sports, jogging or badminton can take care of finance)
8) Make time for family, Albert Khor and family; and God (monthly quiet retreat with God). (once a week chitchat)
9) Write articles every 2 days. (improve on writing)
10) Complete at least Old Testament this year! (hello it is already year 2017!)

Excited for year 2017 to unfold itself. I'm thankful for all the sadness, pain, happiness, learning experience that God have given to me in year 2016. May I learn to be more mature each day and be more in order in life. Leave everything to my Father in Heaven. 





Living Only for Him and Only He knows my life

No comments: